Wali ul Asr is focused on providing an environment where our youth do not have to choose between becoming practicing Muslims, successful professionals and responsible Canadian citizens that contribute positively towards the greater society.
Wali ul Asr is the largest Shia Muslim schooling system outside of the Muslim countries, with four campuses, over 10 acres of land and over 80,000 square feet of building facilities. Seven years ago, we presented a vision to the community to build the first Shia Muslim high school; by the grace of Allah, today we have two accredited high schools that are imparting quality education in an Islamic environment. By the grace of Allah, two classes of graduates have already been accepted to top university programs in Canada with many of the students receiving scholarships.
Last year, we announced the formation of a team focused on building the first university in Canada to operate in the name of our Imam (ATFS). Built upon the same foundation as the school, the university will provide high quality education in an Islamic environment Insha Allah. The task may seem daunting, but we are confident that our duty and responsibility lies in trying our best and relying on Allah’s help to grant us success Insha Allah.
The university will initially offer Bachelor degrees in Math, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry and Arabic. Other programs will be added in due course of time Insha Allah. In addition to the core content subjects, the university will offer electives encompassing Islamic Studies, Quranic Studies and other Islamic Sciences Insha Allah. Wali ul Asr University’s core team of fifteen individuals have been working very diligently for the past one year to prepare the paperwork for the university filing.
We invite you to join this noble cause and help us turn this dream into a reality. You can help in the following ways:
- We are looking for two additional individuals with expertise in humanities and two individuals with expertise in sciences (Biology or Chemistry) to join the core team working to prepare the program offerings for the university application. The core team meets once a month with the rest of the work being completed at home. Please send your resume and/or profile to email@example.com if you would like to join the core team.
- If you hold a masters or doctorate degree from a North American university, we request you to volunteer your time for reviewing some of the program and course outlines prepared by the team. Please send your resume and/or profile to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer for the panel of reviewers.
- We need to raise $25,000 to cover the initial filing expenses. Please donate for this unique cause generously at www.waliulasr.ca/donate
- We need ideas, suggestions, feedback and your prayers. Please pray for the establishment of this university so that it may become a centre of excellence for the training of our youth and for spreading the light of the teachings of Ahlul-Bayt (AS) in the larger society Insha Allah.
May Allah hasten the return of our Wali ul Asr (ATFS) and enable us to work in a united manner with sincere intentions Insha Allah.
Labbaika Ya Wali al Asr (ATFS)
Our mission is to provide undergraduate education in an Islamic environment that addresses the foundations of learning while equipping Muslim students to be effective leaders in the academic arena as well as in other areas of society.
Wali ul Asr pursues this mission through:
- Teaching (undergraduate programs)
- Research (engaging in scholarly pursuits which deepen(-s) Islamic knowledge in various fields of academia)
- Community service (participating in conferences, professional networks, and other communal platforms)
As a University, Wali ul Asr’s mission is:
- To provide distinctive educational programs in professions that prepare students for work;
- To provide opportunities for strategic and applied research;
- To provide an environment where students can excel academically and spiritually;
- To enhance its communities
- Student-centered: Current and future success of students at Wali ul Asr is a priority.
- Excellence: We are committed to providing outstanding academic programs and spiritual development for our students.
- Innovation: We are committed to responding to evolving needs of our communities.
- Respect: We protect the rights, dignity, and integrity of all students and members of the organization.
By the grace of Allah, the Wali ul Asr University team has made significant progress in the past one and a half years in preparing the application package for the university. We currently have a team of PhD’s and experts in the required fields of study reviewing our Science, Math, Humanities and Computer Science programs. We, InshaAllah, plan to file an application for the university within the month!
We plan to file the application for a university that will initially offer a Bachelors degree in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science
We also plan to offer Islamic Studies, English and Communication courses as electives InshaAllah.
With such a large project on our hands, we have also set out our budget, which consists of:
- $25, 000 for the Preliminary application
- $15, 000, 000 for the setup of the university
If you would like to contribute to establishing the first Shi’a University in North America in the name of our Imam (atfs), then please click on the donate button on this page, or send us an email at email@example.com.
May Allah enable us to establish institutions where our children will have an opportunity to achieve spiritual, academic and professional excellence InshaAllah. We look forward to hearing from you.
Wali University Team
By the grace of Allah, the Wali ul Asr University team has made significant progress in the past one and a half years in preparing the application package for the University. We need individuals from our community who hold a Master’s or PhD degree to review our Science, Math, Humanities and Computer Science programs. We are also looking for community members with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from a local or foreign university in Arabic or Persian to review our language programs.
We plan to file the application for a university that will initially offer a Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science
We also plan to offer Islamic Studies, English and Communication courses as electives Insha Allah. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contribute to the efforts to establish the first Shia Muslim University in the name of our Imam (ATFS) in Canada Insha Allah.
May Allah enable us to establish institutions where our children will have an opportunity to achieve spiritual, academic and professional excellence Insha Allah. We look forward to hearing from you.
Wali University Team